Friday, October 9, 2009

Price List

I forgot to express my concern with the prices of things in NZ. I'll just offer you prices at a glance.

Busted NZ Price List:
1. A car...........................................................................$400 - normal car price
2. Car insurance for 22 year olds for one year.........$ 146 (really?!)
3. Mascara on sale........................................................$22.50 (what the..?!)
4. A moleskin journal....................................................$50 (!)
5. A cup of coffee...........................................................$4.50
6. A solid knife...............................................................$14.95
7. A 2 liter tub of icecream..........................................$ 10-15

Some weirdness there, for sure. Fortunately I don't want any mascara and I really needed car insurance.


Also, part of the trouble with traveling all the time is that one has to put one's lotion in a little travel bottle. Well I had to put mine in one of those tiny bottles with a little spray top because the others were taken with more important things like shampoo. But lotion is too thick for the spray to run smoothly, so whenever I use it I have to push the spray.......get a tiny squirt of lotion......wait for the tube to refill.....push the spray......pathetic squirt.......tube refill. Takes FOREVER to do a hand, much less a leg. Anyway, the Ever Supportive Maggie watched me do this today and after a moment she looked at me with disgust and said, "That makes you suck so bad." It'd be too hard to divorce her now though, so I guess I have to keep her around.

1 comment:

  1. this is silly, because it seems as though you got off (that's what she said) great on some of your purchases, and then blew (blue) all of your money on make-up...

    ReplyDelete