Sunday, October 11, 2009

We rode horses today on the world's most idyllic farm. It was the greenest of green hills leading up to a cliff over the beach. I couldn't imagine any single feature that would have made it more beautiful. (That is, until Maggie pointed out that Caribbean green water would have done it, so fine, that might be THE single feature. Still pretty good.) Maggie and I rode a horse with one eye, who leaves you feeling a bit like Ichabod Crane when viewed from the side of her empty socket. But we rode a horse! We both had a great time, even though neither of us understand how there can be people who are not afraid of horses. And these people exist all around us! YOU might even be one of these people. If you are, I can't understand you. I can appreciate them very much indeed, I just harbor a healthy fear of them right along with my admiration.

The reason I'm really writing is to say that we rode at a Shine family friend's farm and were next to their garage petting a calf that would suck on your fingers when you held out your hand. Then Gilly took us in the garage to show us a chariot. That's right, a chariot. A chariot from the set of Xena: Warrior Princess. TURNS OUT, the woman who lives at this place was often a double on the show and much of it was filmed in the area. One of the Shine's horses also often made appearances on the show. I for one don't care at all about Xena, but eat your heart out, Jodi.

Finally, if any of you are interested in prime NZ real estate, there is a beach front farm down the road that just went on the market. Only $12 million, so you'll all have to battle it out to see who gets to be the lucky buyer. Good luck.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Jodi's gonna FREAK!!! BTdubs, you can see your nipple in your blog profile photo. Also, stop complaining that the water is not Caribbean green. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW about my picture and the nipple was the problem from the start, BUT it was nipple versus Evil Maggie Brow, so I chose the lesser of the evils.

    ReplyDelete